Byram Police Chief David Errington confirmed that John Sullivan was stopped for careless driving on March 26 at 2 a.m. Upon further investigation, it was determined that he was allegedly operating his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. Sullivan was transported to the Byram Police Department where he was processed and released to a family member.
Rankin County tax assessor John Sullivan, 52, has been arrested by the Attorney General‘s office on a charge of rape of a person over 16.
Sources say the alleged incident occurred after the Saint Paddy‘s Day parade on March 26.
Jail documents say his bond is set at $30,000.
A Tax Assessor’s duties are:
– Determine the value of all real and personal property in the county for taxation purposes.
– Update changes in ownership on the real and personal property assessment rolls.
– Maintain the property tax maps that are used to identify all real property within the county.
– Prepare the annual real and personal property assessment rolls.
– Assist homeowners in applying for homestead exemption benefits. Homestead exemption benefits provide tax relief to homeowners on eligible property.
We are following the story and will update when we have more.