A Jackson firefighter says his 10-year-old son is being treated at a burn center after receiving 3rd-degree burns last week.
He is being treated at New Orleans Children’s Hospital Burn Center and is being kept unconscious.
Lt. Damon Moore is a 16-year veteran of the Jackson Fire Department. He told WLBT the accident happened Friday when his son, Damon Moore Jr., was at his grandmother’s house. He was playing with chemicals in his grandmother’s bathroom when they exploded in his face.
Moore said he was burned on his arms, legs, and torso.