November 1, 2023

Shed Full Of Ammo, Gun Powder, Gasoline Catches Fire In Jones County

Morgan Howard

Jones County firefighters responded to a shed fire on the first morning in November around 2:20 a.m.
Sharon, Shady Grove, Sandersville, and Rustin volunteer fire departments responded to 4466 Sharon Road for a structure fire.
Firefighters responded quickly and began an offensive interior attack on the blaze and extinguished it quickly.
The cinder block shed was close to the home of Patrick and Carrie Reeves.
Carrie awakened to the sound of small explosions and investigated the home and grounds, finding the blaze in the shed.
The shed had ammunition, guns, gun powder, gasoline, and a four-wheeler, among other things inside.
The firefighters responding to this incident did a great job extinguishing this fire safely and quickly.
The shed sustained major damage. No injuries were reported.

Share this Article


Related Articles