SHELTERS AND SAFE ROOMS ARE OPERATED ON A LOCAL LEVEL.
City of Southaven community saferoom: 7312 Highway 51 N, Southaven, MS. 38671. It will remain open until temperatures are back above freezing.
Lewis Johnson Sr Citizen Complex at 299 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd sometime Saturday and will close at 0800 Tuesday morning.
24 Hour Shelter:
- Shepherd’s Gymnasium: 1355 Hattiesburg St., Jackson, MS:
- 3 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 22 through Tuesday, Dec. 27.
- This shelter will be open 24 hours daily and properly staffed and monitored. Cots and blankets will be provided with at least two meals a day. Pets will not be admitted.
- Billy Brumfield Emergency Shelter for Men: 1244 S. Gallatin St., Jackson, MS
- Matt’s House Emergency Shelter for Women & Women with Children: 355 Livingston St., Jackson, MS
- The Opportunity Center: 845 W. Amite St., Jackson, MS
- (Open 24 hours Thursday to Tuesday)
- Gateway Rescue Mission: 410 S. Gallatin St., Jackson, MS (
- Open all day Friday and Saturday in addition to normal hours)
- Salvation Army: 570 Beasley Rd., Jackson, MS
- Mississippi Housing Partnership: 1217 N. West St., Jackson, MS
- The Brookhaven Building: 1154 Beltline Drive will open December 22, at 10 pm for a warming shelter due to extreme cold weather expected. The building will close at 10 am Sunday morning. Please bring food, blankets, medications, and any other items you may need. No pets allowed.
- 985 Lynn Lane, Starkville, MS, opens Thursday, Dec. 22nd through Friday, Dec. 23rd. 8 p.m.-8 a.m. This facility is not equipped as a sleeping shelter, only a safe place to stay warm.
TO VIEW MEMA’S STATEWIDE SAFE ROOM MAP CLICK HERE.