The twelve winners of the Department of Justice’s eighth annual “Community Policing in Action” Photo Contest were announced today by the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS Office).
The program, which was piloted in 2015, has gotten a lot of positive feedback from law enforcement – claiming it has given them a platform to share positive interactions with community members.
The COPS Office invited state, local, territorial, and tribal law enforcement agencies to submit one photo that best depicts community policing in action. Over 280 agencies participate, and the following photos were chosen as winners:
• Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
• Cincinnati (OH) Police Department
• Egg Harbor Township (NJ) Police Department
• Elgin (IL) Police Department
• Ewing (NJ) Police Department
• Grand Rapids (MI) Police Department
• Lafayette Parish (LA) Sheriff’s Office
• Norfolk (VA) Police Department
• Santa Clara (CA) Police Department
• Spearfish (SD) Police Department
• Sylva (NC) Police Department
• Woodland (CA) Police Department
The 12 winning photos will be featured on the COPS Office website and social media accounts monthly during the 2022 calendar year. In addition, the winning agencies will be featured in articles in the COPS Office e-newsletter, The Community Policing Dispatch.