There’s a very lucky dog in Starkville today, but she’s not exactly a Mississippi State Bulldog.
Around 11:15 p.m. Wednesday night, Starkville Fire Department was dispatched to a working structure fire at 101 N. Nash Street. The house was being rented by four MSU students, but only one of them was home at the time of fire.
The human resident escaped without any injuries.
A dog named Sippi, who appears to be a hound or hound mix, also was pulled from the burning home by Starkville firefighters. When Sippi was found, she wasn’t breathing. Between Starkville FD and Pafford EMS, the dog received CPR, which eventually saved her life.
Pafford paramedic Mitch Wiggins even got his photo taken with Sippi before the call was over. Now man is dog’s best friend.
The fire is still under investigation. Officials say more information will be available as the investigation continues.