Employees of NASA in Mississippi say their employer is the best one to work for in the whole Magnolia State.
Mississippi State University came in second on the list of Forbes Magazine’s best employers by state.
According to their story, Forbes partnered with a market research firm to survey workers at companies with more than 500 employees, so that doesn’t mean your business with 25 employees wouldn’t make the list, it just means it’s focused on the big entities.
Forbes states, “Participants were asked if they would recommend their employer to others, and to evaluate their employer based on working conditions, diversity, compensation packages, potential for development, company image and more. Participants also assessed employers beyond their own. All surveys were anonymous to encourage candor.”
Not all companies were entirely local. Some are out-of-state companies with businesses or factories in Mississippi.
Mississippi’s Top 15 list is as follows.
1. NASA (Aerospace and Defense)
2. Mississippi State University (Education)
3. Hill (Aerospace and Defense)
4. MGM Resorts (Travel and Leisure)
5. Caterpillar (Engineering and Manufacturing)
6. University of Southern Mississippi (Education)
7. University of Mississippi Medical Center (Healthcare)
8. Nissan Motor (Automotive)
9. Entergy (Utilities)
10. Desoto County School District (Education)
11. Target (Retail and Wholesale)
12. United States Department of Defense (Government Services)
13. University of Mississippi Main Campus (Education)
14. St. Dominic Hospital (Healthcare)
15. North Mississippi Medical Center (Healthcare)