The Good Samaritan Center, along with Entergy is giving out free energy efficiency kits.
The Good Samaritan Center and Entergy Mississippi, LLC are partnering to help customers save on their home utility bills by providing free energy efficiency kits.
The kits consist of standard and specialty LED light bulbs, night light, power strip, faucet aerators and 17 feet of weatherstripping.
The giveaway is part of Entergy’s Operation Bill Assist program which is aimed at helping residential customers, those with low to moderate incomes in particular.
As part of this effort, the company is giving away $1.1 million worth of energy-efficient kits.
When properly installed, the energy-saving items can help save customers up to $60 a year, according to Entergy.
The giveaway will take place at 9 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 22 at The Good Samaritan Center located at 114 Millsaps Ave.
Customers can also order the free kits online.
See below for additional details on what is in the kit:
- 4 standard LED bulbs: LEDs use up to 90% less energy than traditional bulbs and last up to 15 times longer. Compatible with most fixtures.
- 2 LED speciality bulbs: Indoor, dimmable, bulged reflector LED bulbs that can be easily installed into recessed can and track lighting.
- 1 advanced power strip: Senses when connected devices aren’t in use and cuts their power supply to save energy.
- 1 LED night light: Turns itself on and off depending on the amount of light in the room.
- 1 kitchen faucet aerator: Has two spray options and can swivel 360 degrees to direct water flow where needed.
- 2 bathroom faucet aerators: Minimizes the amount of energy needed to heat water by producing forceful streams at a reduced flow rate.
- 17 feet of v-seal weatherstripping: Adhesive-backed weatherstripping seal that prevents energy loss and air leaks around windows and doors.
For online tools that help customers save energy and money at their home or business, visit entergy.com/energyefficiency.