A total of eight professionals will be recognized for their leadership in addressing safety and security issues during the 2022 National Sports Safety and Security Conference & Exhibition on June 28-30 in Orlando, Florida. The event is presented annually by the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) at The University of Southern Mississippi.
“The Emerging Industry Leader Award allows professional leagues, NCAA member institutions, marathon and endurance events organizations, and interscholastic athletics programs to honor individuals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in addressing safety and security related issues,” said Brooke Graves, MSCJ, NREMT, NCS4 Senior Training Manager and Awards Luncheon Master of Ceremonies. “These contributions involve enhancing safety and security at their venue beyond what is normally required and setting an example for other young aspiring sports security professionals to follow.”
Each league or organization selects the criteria and makes the determination as to who will be recognized. Individuals receiving the award include:
– Molly Chernick, President/Founder, Buckingham Event Productions
– Dr. Dustin Smith, Director of Athletic Operations and Student Activities, Greenwood Public Schools
– Leigh Ann Moffett, Associate Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, Southern Methodist University
– Michelle Durgin, Project Manager, Ballpark Operations, San Francisco Giants
– Zacharia Litzelswope, Director, Events and Guest Experience, Minnesota United FC
– Amy Finnegan, Senior Director, Security, Kroenke Sports and Entertainment
– Lauren Gress, Senior Manager, Event Operations, Philadelphia Eagles
– Lonnie Allen, Senior Manager, Event Security, Mercedes-Benz Stadium
For more information about the conference, visit http://www.ncs4.usm.edu/conference/ and for more information about the awards, visit https://ncs4.usm.edu/about/ncs4-recognition-awards/.